Raise $ for your SCHOOL, KINDER or CLUB
$10,000 of Cash Prizes to be Won!
Earn $250 per tonne for your families’ used Clothing, Shoes, Toys, Fashion Accessories & Linen!
Book Your 2016 Collection Dates Now!
In 2008, SCR Group established A Second Life – Schools Fundraising Program. The program involved schools, kinder and clubs hosting Community Clothing Recycling Banks, organising Clothing Recycling Collection Days and participating in educational activities.
Over the years schools have prevented thousands of tonnes of waste going to landfill and raised thousands of dollars which have been used for their environmental and community projects, or helping to purchase school equipment such as computers as well as contributing to building upgrades.
- Easy to organise
- Saves resources and reduces waste to landfill
- Supports global communities
In 2016 schools, kindergartens and clubs can join our new Recycle with Mondo for a Better World program. The top three collectors for the year will win cash prizes:
1st prize $5000
2nd prize $3,500
3rd prize $1,500
Winners will be announced on Friday 16 December, 2016.
We provide promotional materials to help your fundraising team get started and educational resources for students to learn more about the science and technology, environmental and social benefits of clothing reuse and recycling.
ResourceSmart schools can use the collection data and sustainability report provided to assess your school’s environmental benefits for waste, energy, water and greenhouse gas savings.
We are proud to be supporting CERES’ delivery of the ResourceSmart Schools Waste Module in ‘Activating Your Community’. To find out more go to the CERES Sustainability Hub.
How it works
- Book your collection dates for each term
- Receive your Recycle with Mondo Education Kit, including promotional flyers and posters
- Distribute your promotional flyers
- Our van will be at your school, kinder or club on the morning of your collection day to collect your goods
- Your school will be paid $250 per tonne for goods collected
- We will provide your school sustainability data report for waste, water, energy and greenhouse gas savings. This information can be used as part of your ResourceSmart Schools program.
What can be collected?
All clean, wearable children and adult’s clothing, paired shoes, hats, handbags, belts, fashion accessories, toys, towels, sheets, pillowcases and doona covers.
What can’t be collected?
Wet, dirty, torn items, donnas, pillows, books, household goods.
What happens to the clothes?
Clothing and other goods collected are sorted for reuse and recycling. They are distributed in Australia and globally to maximise their reuse and recycling potential, providing employment, affordable clothing and improving livelihoods in developing countries.
When will the clothes be collected?
We will collect your clothes on your nominated date each term.
Why recycle clothing?
- Natural fibres like wool and cotton will decompose and create methane, a greenhouse gas which is causing climate change
- Re-using and recycling saves resources such as wool and cotton as well as oil which is used to make synthetic clothing from nylon and polyester
- Water and electricity that is used to make clothing is also saved.
Host a Community Clothing Recycling Bank and earn even more!
Schools, kindergartens and clubs can collect more clothes and earn more funds by hosting a Community Clothing Recycling Bank, Contact Cathie on 1300 687 261 to find out more.
Ideal for School Fete Fundraisers!
If your school fete has a used clothing stand, we can arrange a pick up of your left overs and pay your school $250 per tonne!
How do we get started?
Download the 2016 Registration Form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Cathie on 1300 687 261 to find out more.